Thursday, October 15, 2009

This is getting expensive!

First things first. Madeleine had a good night. Three poopy diapers and a full night of sleep. When I went over there yesterday she finally looked more like herself. I think we are on the mend - which is good because this is getting expensive. Not in the way you would think... Brent and I hate being home when she isn't there. When she isn't home the house is cold, quiet and empty. I don't hear the hum of the oxygen concentrator or the vent utnil they are off. I lay awake at night aware that I can't hear the nurses banging around downstairs. I have to remember to lock the doors and turn off the lights. In sum - we dont like it.

So instead we stay out and keep ourselves busy. Let me give you an example. Last night we went to CostCo and while I wouldn't classify the expenitures as frivoulous, we didn't NEED anything ASAP. We walked nearly every isle and blew $275 dollars.... Actually for those of you who are CostCo people I felt lucky to get out for that much. She needs to come home so I stop shopping!

We don't know what the plan is for feeding I suspect they will increase the feeds today and try to see how she does. Yesterday when we walked in she looked like she had a broken leg. She had an air cast on with a ball of gauze the size of a softball on her foot. It seems she has pulled out a number of IV's and the nurse was determined to keep it on. It really didnt stop her as she waved the cast around in the air and pulled at the gauze as though it were a challenge. She is bored and feeling better -- watch out people, she's cute and smiles a lot but when she decides to get at something she is one determined little kid.

We are resorting to the old strategy of not metioning the "H" word so she doesn't know when we are leaving. My guess is sometime over the weekend.... But as you all know, that can change in a heartbeat.

Take Care and if you are State College - bundle up apparently it's cold!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking healing thoughts to madeleine! Hope she is home with mommy and daddy soon!
Love to all,
Kellie