Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pictures as promised





I had to look long and hard for a picture of Miss Madeleine naked without a bag on- probably because I wasnt the largest fan of the stoma or the bag. I'll spare you pictures with the bag on b/c you may be eating lunch while you read this. Anyways, the one on the right is from last summer (Aug 08). The little red thing sticking out is her stoma or intestine. That is what was reconnected two weeks ago. The image on the left was this morning 13 days past surgery. I think it looks pretty good! The piece of plastic on the right hand side is her feeding tube and that will be there for a long time. However you can now see her belly button and hopefully the scar will start to diminish over time the way her heart surgery scar has.

I have some more pictures to post but work calls - so I'll try to work on it tonight.

Thanks,
Kirsten

No comments: