Thursday, October 9, 2008

As Lee Corso Says...

Not so fast my friend... Madeleine is doing fine but she's not able to be weaned in the aggressive manner that I laid out this morning. They tried weaning her every 8 hours but this morning's X-Ray revealed some collapsed areas in the lung. That's nothing new for Madeleine and it was easily corrected by increasing her flow back to 10 liters. She's now down to 9 liters and is doing fine and the new schedule is to wean 1 liter every 24 hours. That's excruciatingly slow but Madeleine's still moving in the right direction and that's all that matters. (I'll keep repeating that to myself when I get frustrated.)

That's all for now. I do have a very cool picture to post with a neat story-- but I can't post right now. Check back later tonight for some cool stuff.

Brent

No comments: