Monday, July 7, 2008

6 lbs 1 oz

That's right. After much consternation, Madeleine finally cracked the 6 lb level today. Kirsten talked with the doctor and our goal right now is to see one ounce gained every day. Kirsten goes back next Monday, so our target weight is 6 lbs 8 oz. If we can average the ounce/day, Madeleine's surgery to reattach the intestines will occur in early October.

The only other bit of news is that there a few new pictures uploaded on the picasa site: http://picasaweb.google.com/brentbushey. My favorite is the one with the madras hat-- this was on our excursion to the National Arboretum. Have a good one.

Brent

2 comments:

Sarah Bushey said...

What the two of you have done with Madeleine in the past few days since she's come home amazes me. You are just the best parents...the love and tenderness is so apparent in the pictures, and I got chills thinking about your time spent together this weekend. It makes me really appreciate the time I have with my own children as well, after not being with her as you had wanted for the past 4 months. You've waited and planned and WANTED for so long, and I am again, so moved. Enjoy your first full week at home...

Love you all,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Brent and Kirsten,

I guess congratulations are in order!!!

Lisa and I are so happy for you guys, especially after we read that Madeleine is finally home.

We will continue to pray for Madeleine that she will continue to get better. We will also pray for you guys that you will have the strength to handle any challenges that come your way.

Brent, I'm sorry I was not able to stopby your office on my last day at Treasury. I did not plan on my last day to be that hectic, and I ended up staying in the office late.

Anyway, take care and God bless. Keep in touch.

Regards,
JC and Lisa Orosa
jcorosa@yahoo.com