Friday, May 8, 2009

Two New Tubes

We're one week away from the G-tube surgery and while we're always worried about surgery, we can't wait to get rid of the NJ tube-- Madeleine pulled it out onTuesday night and the replacement gave us trouble yesterday so we got it replaced last night. We used to call the radiology department and calmly asked for an appointment-- now I just call and say "This is Madeleine's dad-- when can I bring her in?"

Other than the tube drama, this week has been pretty normal. If the rain doesn't stop soon, I'm going to start building an ark in my garage but today so far is looking good. My mom and Aunt Donna are visiting as is Donna's daughter Liz. Its nice to have extra hands to play with Madeleine and its fun to see her smiling at all of the new faces. Madeleine continues to be extremely happy and she's slowly improving her sitting ability-- we think this is the next step before she will start to crawl etc. Its slow progress but progress all the same and we expect that progress will increase once we get through the surgery.

Oh yeah, the surgery is scheduled and this week, we got final approval to go forward. The important factor in moving forward was getting clearance from our cardiologist that her pulmonary hypertension is under control. We went to the hospital on Wednesday and the echocardiogram showed that Madeleine's PH is fully under control. She's not cured as she's still on medicine for the PH but the doctors are confident that she is ready for surgery and furthermore are confident that the PH is slowly improving. (There is no quick fix for PH so this is the best possible news.)

That's all for now-- I apologize for the lack of pictures. My new job is great but they are more restrictive on picture uploading than my past job and since I don't have a personal PC, i've got to figure out a method for uploading pictures and videos... I hope to find some time this weekend.

No comments: