Friday, March 6, 2009

Birthday Pictures


Greetings! It's Kirsten! I am new to this whole blogging thing, and I'll probably get in trouble for posting on Brent's blog... I'll take the risk to post some really cute pictures.


We celebrated as planned Madeleine's 1st birthday on Tuesday with our friends Becky & Steve. As you can imagine it was a wild and crazy party with the required hats, singing, cake and ice cream. Madeleine had a full day before the party started and we think she still wasn't 100% on Tuesday, but none the less she had a great night, with a few bouts of crying. Here are some pictures of the big evening..... http://picasaweb.google.com/brentbushey/March2009#


The rest of the week has been fairly quiet, with one trip to the hospital for you guessed it - pulling out her feeding tube... I tried to work my charm on the docs to convince them she needs a more permanent feeding tube placed, to no avail. They said she had to be 25+ pounds before we will place the 'peg'. Until then, I think the radiology department will get to know us VERY well.


Brent's 'up norf'' this weekend, ice fishing (I cannot honestly think of something I would like to do less) and Madeleine and I are catching up on our chick flicks and bonding as mother and daughter.


Ok, I think I have taken enough creative freedom.... I promise to not make a habit of posting!


Thanks as always for everything.
Kirsten
PS - I think I'll regret the plaid pants 30 years from now when I see these pictures at a wedding reception or anniversary party!

1 comment:

Lauren Frankel said...

She is absolutely adorable!!!! A year has gone by so quickly. We all need to get together soon.