Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No cords

If I could put into words how happy I am to write the title to the post, you'd be reading for quite a while. Instead, I'll keep it short-- I just held my daughter in my house and she wasn't attached to any cords. This isn't permanent and we still have a long way to go. Still, it was pretty revolutionary and-- we have a short video to prove it. I'll write more later-- tonight is for celebrating. Enjoy!This is KW writing: We looked out windows and went outside and then we looked in the mirror. All by ourselves!!!! Then we checked out the kitchen... Endless places to look!!! It seems so unreal. We have started with 30 min. sprint trials off the vent. Every few days we can increase the duration as long as she handles it well. Goal: By August to be off he vent all day. Speechless.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got chills! Louisa was watching it with us and when it was done she said again! She loved looking at the baby in the video! Love to you all.
Kel

Ayyana said...

You guys!!! That video was awesome to watch. What a happy baby.

Brian Beabout said...

Been off the blog for a while- and seeing tonight's video was a shocker. Congrats.
Luv, Brian, Laura, and Carl

The Cain Family said...

Love it, love it, love it!

Valerie Dix said...

She looks so great! I love checking your blog to read and see the very noticeable progress with Madeline. Slow but steady wins the race!

Danielle said...

That is fantastic! She looks so very happy. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Awesome video! I have enjoyed watching Miss M's progress. She has come such a long way. Keep up the good work.
Jim, Sarah, Hannah and Sydney Brown

Anonymous said...

What a joy to watch your daughter grow and to see you and Kirsten filled with joy over being parents. Her life will be filled with challenges, but she was fit with two very capable and loving parents. Thanks for sharing your joy with us!
Jesika Moore