Monday, December 22, 2008

Well...

I know its been over a week since I posted and I don't have a good excuse. I have been busy... and things have been good with Madeleine and....

Well.... I guess I should tell you...

.
.
.


SHE'S HOME!!!!! Yes-- at long last, she's home. She had a great week last week, met all of her milestones at HSC and she's currently in her crib in the nursery. We are working with the first nurse to ensure that she's comfortable with everything related to Madeleine and we're absolutely ecstatic-- the words simply don't convey how happy/excited/all other good feelings we're feeling right now.

It goes without saying that we've already unwrapped the best Christmas gift we can imagine. I'll post plenty more this week when I'm feeling a little less emotionally overwhelmed but Kirsten and I simply can't say thank you enough to all of you that have prayed for us, talked us through difficult times, or simply have cared enough to read our blog. We're blessed with a tremendous support network and we hope you know how much you're appreciated.

In any case, I'm whipped right now and still have a bunch of things I want to do. Have a great night and a relaxing holiday week. Thanks-- look for plenty of pictures and posts in the coming days.

Brent

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great!! Jen and I were looking for a new blog and wondering if Battin Madeliene would make home for Christmas. One of our Christmas wishes came to pass.
Love to All
Willy

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news! I am so happy that you all will get to spend Christmas together AT HOME! Warm wishes and continued prayers for Madeleine's health. Merry Christmas! Terra at DAP

Anonymous said...

What a Christmas gift. We are so happy for you, and hope you have a wonderful first Christmas with your daughter.

Love,
Jill and Mike

Valerie Dix said...

What a great surprise to see that she has made it home just in time for Christmas! I'm so happy that you will be able to spend Christmas together at home. I'm looking forward to hearing more good news in the future.

Much love,
Val

Anonymous said...

I just got chills! This is the blog we have been waiting for! I am so happy that your baby girl is home!!!! Enjoy her at home!!! That is the best Christmas gift I could have asked for!!!
All our love,
Kellie, Sean & Louisa.

Anonymous said...

I just got chills! This is the blog we have been waiting for! I am so happy that your baby girl is home!!!! Enjoy her at home!!! That is the best Christmas gift I could have asked for!!!
All our love,
Kellie, Sean & Louisa.

Anonymous said...

Brent -- You've given all of us a wonderful Christmas present -- the news of your daughter's coming home. How fantastic! Merry Christmas and may God continue to bless your family.

Will said...

Wow, what great timing. Congrats to you all for this milestone. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I came to the blog today hoping for this good news. So glad you are all together at home for Christmas! All the best for continued good health & happiness.
Linda McDonnell

Anonymous said...

Rejoicing with you on Madeleine's progress...praise God.

At this Christmas time and always may you be reminded that God knows the walk you walk and He promises to be faithful to those who choose to trust and follow Him.

I can feel your excitement and by the time you read this Madeleine will have had her 1st Christmas in her home, in her own crib, with her precious Mom and Dad at her side. How wonderful!!!

I know Grandma and Grandpa are loving every minute of being with Madeleine and you both, I am excited for you all.

I pray that 2009 finds Madeleine continuing to improve and get stronger daily. Love on her for me.

Joyce Engelmann